November 20, 2017, 09:56:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Yahoo!Mail Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Filipino Chinese Cycling Federation goes to Davao 3rd Natl Criterium Grand Prix  (Read 6419 times)
dinotrue
Amateur

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 09:14:33 AM »

thanks ray, ben

ray, i got 2nd road exec.  Wink
the guy who bagged 1st was your companion right? they (fuji steel team) did a good job fielding a team in the race. i was glad to notice their race plan  Grin . the guy i watched most was saul sibayan he was on form but when he did all the work i knew he was there to help  Smiley saul did a good job! and congrats to the 1st place winner.

ben, you're right it was a loooong drive but it was fun and on our way to davao we were all apprehensive looking forward for a good race. and going home was quite satisfying having the trophy on hand. i hope i have more weekends like that. surigao is next around october no date yet.

ben,
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/bisekletaguy/081820072533.jpg
2nd from left is ronald from cdo i'm 4th from left

bisekletaguy
Pro Cyclist

WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »

benny,

surigao when??? my target this year XRC race 2 legs left..maybe Tour of Matabungkay in October..i am itching to do TLBF mountain bike race next year...then our Filipino Chinese cycling federation eyeing TOUR OF EGAT 2008...april 2008....Singapore Phat Tyre race next year if it pushes through..i am sure I will enter that one too...... Grin

cagayan de oro is powerhouse team...dinotrue and buddies...congratulations!
dad and nino came from singapore phat tyre race last week. unfortunately, nino had a mechanical problem because he was hit by another rider. he was left behind by the lead group 5 mins. he chased down the lead taking a minute every lap. on the last lap he caught the leading 3 indonesians. but he was used up chasing, it was a sprint finish on the 4 riders, but nino could only muster 4th. but all the coaches and spectators were shocked in nino's performance, getting back on the lead group. btw, nino was 2004 singapore mtb xc champion. Smiley

ome...i posted the link which shows nino surban pictures he got a nasty cut right leg..then still won 4th place..its in the international races thread of cebu forums...full foto coverage courtesy of pinoy mt bikers.com

dino..you race against powerhouse filchi team SUPERMAN ALEX BILLAN and SUPERBOY SAUL SIBAYAN who at 20 years old beat the legendary ernie hortaleza in fil chi criterium race in eastwood city libis.
Benny
Hard Core

I'd Rather Be Cycling!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »

Ray,
Your MTB pics made me miss mountain biking which I did about 11 years ago when I was still in CDO. I always believe that every cyclist should have a Road and a MTB to enjoy cycling more. More racing opportunities when you have both bikes also. I'm sure I will have a MTB again soon. BTW, that croc you were holding still looks like a baby. Do you really need to tape its mouth?
hdreynolds
Pro Cyclist

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 01:56:54 PM »

Ray,
Your MTB pics made me miss mountain biking which I did about 11 years ago when I was still in CDO. I always believe that every cyclist should have a Road and a MTB to enjoy cycling more. More racing opportunities when you have both bikes also. I'm sure I will have a MTB again soon. BTW, that croc you were holding still looks like a baby. Do you really need to tape its mouth?

Baby or not I think they will have a nasty bite... yikes.

***  The older I get the better I was  ***
      http://hdreynolds.wordpress.com
dinotrue
Amateur

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »

benny,

surigao when??? my target this year XRC race 2 legs left..maybe Tour of Matabungkay in October..i am itching to do TLBF mountain bike race next year...then our Filipino Chinese cycling federation eyeing TOUR OF EGAT 2008...april 2008....Singapore Phat Tyre race next year if it pushes through..i am sure I will enter that one too...... Grin

cagayan de oro is powerhouse team...dinotrue and buddies...congratulations!
dad and nino came from singapore phat tyre race last week. unfortunately, nino had a mechanical problem because he was hit by another rider. he was left behind by the lead group 5 mins. he chased down the lead taking a minute every lap. on the last lap he caught the leading 3 indonesians. but he was used up chasing, it was a sprint finish on the 4 riders, but nino could only muster 4th. but all the coaches and spectators were shocked in nino's performance, getting back on the lead group. btw, nino was 2004 singapore mtb xc champion. Smiley

ome...i posted the link which shows nino surban pictures he got a nasty cut right leg..then still won 4th place..its in the international races thread of cebu forums...full foto coverage courtesy of pinoy mt bikers.com

dino..you race against powerhouse filchi team SUPERMAN ALEX BILLAN and SUPERBOY SAUL SIBAYAN who at 20 years old beat the legendary ernie hortaleza in fil chi criterium race in eastwood city libis.

thanks for the info ray  Cool
gifted child
Pro Cyclist

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »

Sir Raymond,

Good thing you experienced racing XC mtb. Its another kind of thrill to the sport. BTW mind if ill ask you about your vision MTB? Did you purchase it as a whole bike? I just recently opened a new bikeshop here in Butuan City, and by the looks of you green machine, i reckon it would be really sellable here. Can you please PM the details. Thanks

Rhys

hello rhys...i met boondoocks Mr ed at the race...later i met nation bike shop Mr Mark...GT bicycle mr Eduard there was an informal business conference of bike shop owners with MAJOR SUPPLIER...positive development for rocka1bikeshop...as we are getting recognized even in davao... Grin i was looking for you cant find you..your celfone not in order...so i couldnt contact you...

Vision Pursuit...i bought the frame and built it up myself with my choice of parts...then peg down a price...for sale at rockabikeshop..no thats not an out of the box model.   Vision Pursuit selling like hotcakes..overtaking GTS bikes...but i have to rate 3/5 chilis as i broke my replaceable rear derailleur hanger in just one race in davao... Grin  its not the bikes fault..its the pilot error...racing mt bike is for extreme gamers rhys...im so afraid ill do endo on the jumps...but yes its a different world out there on the mt bike....im glad im flexible... Grin""""

Ray,

Sorry i wasnt in davao, i was planning to join that race though, but unfortunately i had some other business to attend to. (Bakery business)  Grin Anyway, my cell phone # is 09178325566 .  Regarding the surigao race, we are still in negotitaions with our sponsors, and the city officials. As of now, tentative date will be on the month of October. Ill post some details asap.

Im glad you enjoyed racing MTB XC ray, its not so extreme, unless you go freeriding or downhill. I started riding MTB, then got into the road scene. But i try to balance riding road and MTB as much as possible. But its quite expensive maintaining road bikes and Mt. bikes... hehe  Grin
bisekletaguy
Pro Cyclist

WORK HARD TO PLAY HARD

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

dino..you beat saul sibayan.... Shocked means you're a tough guy already  Cool as we cant beat saul sibayan in manila...

benny....when you join some other forums on mt bikes like i did.. sadly you will see a rift between roadies and mt bikers and im laughing Grin...man...you are right..all cyclists must have 2 bikes..and there shouldnt be any rift..otherwise...the cyclist roadies will be confined to the road and wont be able to see the countryside where road bikes couldnt go... Grin

rhys..i hope to meet you next time... Grin
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:45:07 AM by bisekletaguy » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: