hello mga sir, planning to buy new road bike here... pero ganahan ko maka kibaw unsa ang applicable for fast mountiain climbs.. i hear the head tubes would affect this? so unsay mas nindut? short head tubes or longer head tubes? i hear one of the other will be good for long distance rides, while the other one is good for fast rides and mountain climbs. hope pros can help me out.
hello bai regarding headtube sizes it seems this is relative to the size of your frame, if you have a size XS/S frame the headtube will be shorter compared to those M-L-XL frames. the shorter headtubes your handlebar position will be low compared to those of long headtubes.
In my own experience, ive experiment the handlebar position before., doing this i added some spacers to have a relatively high handle bar position or remove some to achieve a low handle bar position.
1. XS Frame, with high handle bar position (added some spacers)
- Relatively comfortable position because you are more upright but i notice i have more area exposed to the wind thus sacrificing some aerodynamic advantage.
- On long rides, this position is more comfortable, on climbs medyo dli ko ganahan since i am more upright and medyo kiwaw xa if out of saddle because of the high handle bar position.
2. XS Frame with low handle bar position (no spacers added, slam that stem)
- at first sakit jud xa sa hawak since you are in very aggressive position and if medyo dako2x imo belly lisud judni xa
- regarding aerodynamics, you are more tucked in and more aerodynamic in any riding position (drops, hoods, tops) because of the low handlebar position.
- after a few rides, medyo na OK na akong hips wala nay sakit and everything was comfortable for riding in this position, and been riding in lowest profile i can get with my bike for 2 years and no issues on regarding comfort and speed.
i think best way is to experiment your riding position and change the measurements accordingly on how your body react.