April 20, 2014, 03:33:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BOBBY CASTANEDA FUND RAISING SALE

VUELTA DAGUPAN , APR 4-6

ABOITIZ POWER TOUR OF SUBIC , MAY 17-18

Home   Yahoo!Mail Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROAD BIKE NEWBIES  (Read 15358 times)
ace
Professional

« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »

newbie here bro..padung p ko mag assemble s akung bike and im having trouble on what wheelset is affordable and lightweight?and asa pd ko makapalit ani within cebu? Cool

it all depends on your budget bai... the lighter the wheelset the heavier it is in term of cost  Wink but worth investing... try scanning some post here, you can find a lot of brand new wheelset for sale.

unbranded
bOOm
Pro Cyclist

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2013, 05:45:51 PM »

Shimano RS-30...around 8K in YKK...

"Everyday above ground is a good day" Tony Montana
andy
Pro Cyclist

Team YG

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »

yes bai kennydy the less weight the more pricey.
token c30a or fulcrum racing quattro around 14-16k price range, or the standard unbranded tubular/clincher wheels of FarmLim at 20K+. dependi judna sa imong budget na makaya bai. my advice since new pamanka, just use your current wheels to train and enjoy riding, have some research on the right wheels for you then upgrade later on.

@sherwin
first time pud nako gamit road pedals medyo gahi jud xa ipasulod compare sa mtb bai so u need to push it harder than in mtb counterpart.  i like na super firm akong cleats, experience b4 na loose akong tension then when i accelerate hard natang tang akong shoes so adjusted my pedal tension Cheesy Cheesy

There is no end to the field of dreams.
- E21
mrpunani

« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »

hi... i am a roadbike newbie here... ive switched from xc to road... any advice from the pro here?

markdelvillar
Hard Core

« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2013, 09:47:31 PM »

hello mga sir, planning to buy new road bike here... pero ganahan ko maka kibaw unsa ang applicable for fast mountiain climbs.. i hear the head tubes would affect this? so unsay mas nindut? short head tubes or longer head tubes? i hear one of the other will be good for long distance rides, while the other one is good for fast rides and mountain climbs. hope pros can help me out. Cheesy

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
― Aristotle
kennydy088

« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »

mayng buntag nnyo mga agawn...newbie here...hope to ride with you guys this days...
i am a newbie from quiot, pardo
andy
Pro Cyclist

Team YG

« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »

hello mga sir, planning to buy new road bike here... pero ganahan ko maka kibaw unsa ang applicable for fast mountiain climbs.. i hear the head tubes would affect this? so unsay mas nindut? short head tubes or longer head tubes? i hear one of the other will be good for long distance rides, while the other one is good for fast rides and mountain climbs. hope pros can help me out. Cheesy

hello bai regarding headtube sizes it seems this is relative to the size of your frame, if you have a size XS/S frame the headtube will be shorter compared to those M-L-XL frames. the shorter headtubes your handlebar position will be low compared to those of long headtubes.

In my own experience, ive experiment the handlebar position before., doing this i added some spacers to have a relatively high handle bar position or remove some to achieve a low handle bar position.
1. XS Frame, with high handle bar position (added some spacers)
   - Relatively comfortable position because you are more upright but i notice i have more area exposed to the wind thus sacrificing some aerodynamic advantage.
   - On long rides, this position is more comfortable, on climbs medyo dli ko ganahan since i am more upright and medyo kiwaw xa if out of saddle because of the high  handle bar position.

2. XS Frame with low handle bar position (no spacers added, slam that stem)
   - at first sakit jud xa sa hawak since you are in very aggressive position and if medyo dako2x imo belly lisud judni xa Cheesy Cheesy
   - regarding aerodynamics, you are more tucked in and more aerodynamic in any riding position (drops, hoods, tops) because of the low handlebar position.
   - after a few rides, medyo na OK na akong hips wala nay sakit and everything was comfortable for riding in this position, and been riding in lowest profile i can get with my bike for 2 years and no issues on regarding comfort and speed.

i think best way is to experiment your riding position and change the measurements accordingly on how your body react.

- E21
The Frontman
Pro Cyclist

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »

coming out from a rehab due to a broken clavicle...
now im back to riding my bike...
slowly but surely

.... now you see me...
markdelvillar
Hard Core

« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2013, 12:17:46 AM »

"hello bai regarding headtube sizes it seems this is relative to the size of your frame, if you have a size XS/S frame the headtube will be shorter compared to those M-L-XL frames. the shorter headtubes your handlebar position will be low compared to those of long headtubes.

In my own experience, ive experiment the handlebar position before., doing this i added some spacers to have a relatively high handle bar position or remove some to achieve a low handle bar position.
1. XS Frame, with high handle bar position (added some spacers)
   - Relatively comfortable position because you are more upright but i notice i have more area exposed to the wind thus sacrificing some aerodynamic advantage.
   - On long rides, this position is more comfortable, on climbs medyo dli ko ganahan since i am more upright and medyo kiwaw xa if out of saddle because of the high  handle bar position.

2. XS Frame with low handle bar position (no spacers added, slam that stem)
   - at first sakit jud xa sa hawak since you are in very aggressive position and if medyo dako2x imo belly lisud judni xa 
   - regarding aerodynamics, you are more tucked in and more aerodynamic in any riding position (drops, hoods, tops) because of the low handlebar position.
   - after a few rides, medyo na OK na akong hips wala nay sakit and everything was comfortable for riding in this position, and been riding in lowest profile i can get with my bike for 2 years and no issues on regarding comfort and speed.

i think best way is to experiment your riding position and change the measurements accordingly on how your body react."

-ahhhh... i have my hybrid cross bike now (mtb frame with roadbike parts), I noticed nga pag install sa handle bars sauna ila gibutangan ug spacers. I will try to remove the spacers una and try a more aggressive position.. swerte ra man ko now na ako saddle height is good enough para maka position ko like sa roadies do. what I will do as per your advice is to remove the spacers una and "slam that stem"... hehehe.. like you said maanad ra man diay ko ana. i will try for 2 months na walay spacers, do uphills frequently (padung sa Willy's Busay  Smiley ) and I will experiment jud...

nahibung ra man ko na nganu sigeg endorse ang mga manufacturers (jamis and cannondale to be specific) about roadies having their head tubes being short or tall for speed and/or long ride comfort...

you answer really helped me.. thanks much sir. Smiley

― Aristotle
markdelvillar
Hard Core

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2013, 12:24:23 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200997631402780&l=2e28c2e00c

link to the pic of my bike sir.. just incase wonder mu what a hybrid looks like...
suya ko sa mga european events called "cyclo-cross" where they use very rigid frames (some racers do what i did.. mix MTB frames with roadie components) during the race and do off-road and on road racing... wala mai baligya cyclo -cross frames diri cebu so... sunod lang ko sa ubang gipang buhat nila.. hehehe

wala lang nang aero bars.. ako ako ra na.

― Aristotle
don bunot
Pro Cyclist

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:26 PM »

kuyawa ani bai pang rematehay!!  Shocked Shocked  Grin Grin

evil evil evil..

nindot.  Cool Cool

........................__0.............0...........
                      ...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_ ........
                      .....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...........
markdelvillar
Hard Core

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

hehehehe... pangpa-anad for incoming roadbike fit inig january.

also I followed sir Andy's tips... slammed the stem and also raised my saddle height kay kabantay ko na bent ra gihapon ako legs when it's at the lowest point na sa cycle.. fitting is much better pero wala pa naku nasuwayan sa road (balay ra ko nag sakay2x.. hehehehe) try naku ugma (5/8/2013) and see how it goes.

― Aristotle
markdelvillar
Hard Core

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2013, 11:26:57 PM »

mga bossings.... asa diay makapalit ug mga barato na roadie frames diri? kanang KHS ba na or HKS.. or mga le mond.. ok kaayu kung le mond.. basta pulido magkahimu na frame with a decent price along with it. dili pa kaya sa power sa budget ang mga frame sa YKK. or naa ba didto barato na frame?

― Aristotle
kennydy088

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

mga bossings.... asa diay makapalit ug mga barato na roadie frames diri? kanang KHS ba na or HKS.. or mga le mond.. ok kaayu kung le mond.. basta pulido magkahimu na frame with a decent price along with it. dili pa kaya sa power sa budget ang mga frame sa YKK. or naa ba didto barato na frame?

bai..naai affordable baligya s bikecology..ddto r pd gkan aku palit..unsa n clase imu gpangita??alloy or carbon?
andy
Pro Cyclist

Team YG

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »

naay daghan alloy frames + fork which is less than 10k ang price bai. take your time suroy2x sa mga bikeshop.

- E21
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: