August 19, 2017, 01:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Yahoo!Mail Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starter from Bohol  (Read 8750 times)
markdelvillar
Professional

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »

if you want to measure how strong you are, you cannot do it in a group ride.
join a RACE to benchmark yourself on how strong you are currently and do a personal assessment based on your race performance what are the things needed for improvement.

just riding together in a group won't give you a definite answer or results, unless you ride together with people who always join races and are performing good. also the atmosphere of a group ride cannot immitate the race atmosphere where everyone was prepared and in good shape.

based on experience ive said to myself before when i was a beginner that im quite strong but on my first ever mtb race ive seen what "Stong" really mean. eventhough ive placed third place on the beginners category, i was far behind the first 2 racers. cannot even follow them on the steep climbs

nah.. sukad nag sige na ko uban nila Andy, maka sulti ko layu pa kaayu ko'g agian pero nindut na kusgan imu kauban sa group since you'd learn from them, instead of being a big frog in a small pond, mas maayu being a small frog in a big lake.. meaning always give yourself ample allowance to grow as a cyclist..  Smiley

yeah and sakto si boss elasticity and si Andy, race race race.. kay maka-adik... and maka-pugos nimu mu train harder and better.. hehehe.. kulba ko sa ako first road race sa Danao... after ana.. nagpangita na ug lumba.. bahalag ma-awahi.. hehehe

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
― Aristotle
Sikadora

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »

nah.. sukad nag sige na ko uban nila Andy, maka sulti ko layu pa kaayu ko'g agian pero nindut na kusgan imu kauban sa group since you'd learn from them, instead of being a big frog in a small pond, mas maayu being a small frog in a big lake.. meaning always give yourself ample allowance to grow as a cyclist..  Smiley

yeah and sakto si boss elasticity and si Andy, race race race.. kay maka-adik... and maka-pugos nimu mu train harder and better.. hehehe.. kulba ko sa ako first road race sa Danao... after ana.. nagpangita na ug lumba.. bahalag ma-awahi.. hehehe

True enough!

Both riding alone and with a group has its own pros and cons. So it is still good to have both, self assessment for solo and comparison to kapwa rider in a group. Looking forward to race with you again bai elasticity... and I hope dili na ta mag-abot sa walking portion. hahaha
elasticity
Professional

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »

True enough!

Both riding alone and with a group has its own pros and cons. So it is still good to have both, self assessment for solo and comparison to kapwa rider in a group. Looking forward to race with you again bai elasticity... and I hope dili na ta mag-abot sa walking portion. hahaha
those were the days bai, hehe

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein
Jepoy32A

God is Good

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 05:02:03 PM »

Idol musta naman ka. . .hehehe
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: