November 01, 2014, 02:39:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2014 DANAO CITY SPORTS COMISSION CYCLING CUP , NOV 15-16

2014 DAN'S BIKE OUTDOOR 360 , NOV 29-30

Home   Yahoo!Mail Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie from banilad  (Read 20594 times)
JohnB
Hard Core

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »

kulba pod kaayo...
problema ko sa ako tire ani kay slick..

2blinks
Professional

Save Our Rivers. Reuse or Refuse Plastic Bags

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »

Ako likod kay gamay 1.95 but front is 2.5 wetscream. I want to try the wetscream on
rocky trails.  They say that wetscreams are only good on mud but i think it's for me
to say also.  So suwayan.   Smiley Unsay sukod sa imo tires?

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
cirilae

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »

Hi. i'm a newbie to in cebucycling too (my apologies for posting this here. I can't seem to find that "make new thread" icon). bought my first ever mountain bike. It's not much of high-end bike, but at least nka buy ko with my hard-earned money. I'm from Apas and i bike sa IT park lng jud. dilipa sugtan mu bike masking asa kay kuyaw daw Smiley anyway, thanks for reading this. hopefully i get to find time in riding with a group xoxo

acting weird is just a side effect of being awesome
JohnB
Hard Core

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

Ako likod kay gamay 1.95 but front is 2.5 wetscream. I want to try the wetscream on
rocky trails.  They say that wetscreams are only good on mud but i think it's for me
to say also.  So suwayan.   Smiley Unsay sukod sa imo tires?

1.5 slick, pero naka kita nako tire, pwede na goro ni sa trail taod nako ugma
saturday I will try to catch up kay Opon mo mo gikan, I'll give my number later, in case..

JohnB
Hard Core

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »

Hi. i'm a newbie to in cebucycling too (my apologies for posting this here. I can't seem to find that "make new thread" icon). bought my first ever mountain bike. It's not much of high-end bike, but at least nka buy ko with my hard-earned money. I'm from Apas and i bike sa IT park lng jud. dilipa sugtan mu bike masking asa kay kuyaw daw Smiley anyway, thanks for reading this. hopefully i get to find time in riding with a group xoxo

welcome, kong naa naka sa IT park, why not go up to busay, hinay hinay lang gud..

2blinks
Professional

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

Welcome to CC Bai Cirilae.  New Thread = New Topic.  Naa sa middle rightmost side as screen. 
Hope that you'll come out of IT park soon.  There are a lot of nice places to explore.  Smiley

Bai JohnB, Nataod na?   Smiley

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
JohnB
Hard Core

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 11:12:07 PM »

good to go na ni ugma,  Smiley Smiley

Henry_MD
Orthopedic Spine & Joint Surgeon / Trail Biker
Professional

Dr. Henry Dimaano, FPOA

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:29 PM »

I agree with your definition of 'lively'.  Guba~Pulangbato is an easy lively downhill (smiling while reading your reply).  I like the muddy part of that route.  Still have to experience Baugo.  The back of Pristina to upper casili is my usual route when going to Consolacion.  Right now there is an excavation probably for a subdivision in Casili/Tawason area. That is where I temporarily play until they fence the area.

I not Tri.  Just an average xc or all-mountain (btw, what's the difference?) biker.  My reason to try the xterra route is the same as yours.  Just want to get the feel.  Then back to my business of roaming around the mountain barangays looking for new trails/routes.

At the xterraphil website, there is a map of the route.  I've studied it and I have better idea now of the
route.  But hey, part of the fun this saturday would be looking for the route so the heck with the map. I'm expecting this route to be exterra lively Smiley
Punta ka?  I'm 90% go.

btw, i'm was born in Manila raised in Mandaue.

Smiley  yeah, i bike in that subdivision too -- construction guys said it's called Castel Subd.  It used to look like a quarry about a year back.  They've really moved a lot of dirt.  Construction guys are building a wall on the Casili road side, but it's not complete yet.  BTW, I live just about a kilometer down, along Cubacub road.

Was supposed to join Vince Sta. Elena today to trry out the Xterra trail, but I've been sick since Friday. Bummer.  For now, I'm settling for just going through Abellana/Eskina Canduman -- half of the road is undgoing construction, so it's like an offroad track right now.  Grin

Whenever u want to try the Baugo route, just say so.  It's a short ride anyway.

Prime Care Clinic
2nd floor, SM City, Cebu (232-2273)
Tuesdays & Fridays, 5pm
[or text me at 0920-9541424 for appointments]
Henry_MD
Professional

Dr. Henry Dimaano, FPOA

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »

Welcome. Anytime u want to try out the nearby trails of Budlaan, Casili, Pulang Bato & beyond, post lang kayo dito sa CC (or PM thru message board).  Nice thing about these traila is that there are short segments & long loops -- lots of options to take, depending on how much time u have. Grin

Prime Care Clinic
Tuesdays & Fridays, 5pm
2blinks
Professional

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 06:18:34 AM »

Doc, enroute to baugo

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Henry_MD
Professional

Dr. Henry Dimaano, FPOA

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 01:46:45 AM »

Doc, enroute to baugo

how'd you like it?  sorry ha, been out of Cebu for the past few days.  had to do a spine operation in Dumaguete.  text nyo lang ako (0920-9541424) if you're planning on riding.  if i'm free, i'll join you guys.

Prime Care Clinic
Tuesdays & Fridays, 5pm
2blinks
Professional

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »

The downhill is better than Guba~Pulangbato though shorter but steeper.  Large deep cracks in the middle of the dirt road excites. I hate the climb Grin but the downhill is worth it.  A few months back I was actually at the other end (pulangbato) but did not continue because it didn't look safe for solo riders.  The route is good for 2 or 3 more rides for me then off again to some other place.  About half-way into the climb there is a (rest) junction where you either proceed to go up to Dita then to pulangbato or turn left that the locals say would lead to an abandoned dam (?) then eventually a dead end. Interesting to explore that. I planning to try that turn one of these days.

anoy21 and reconx, just take a road and keep your eye on the prize, the mountains  Grin because that's were the MTBs belong.  Cebu has plenty of scenic routes to offer.  Start with Consolacion where you're nearer.  Try the Tawason~UpperCasili~Cabangahan(Consolacion) route then off to either Tolotolo or Pulog then further to Panoypoy or Panas.  Grin

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
2blinks
Professional

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:16 AM »

btw doc my number is 09173228176

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
2blinks
Professional

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

Doc, do you keep a list of mtb routes? 

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
reconx
Hard Core

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »

@2blinks, pahibaw lang nya boss kun mag rota ka talamban-tawason-casili kay nahan ko mo try biking that area...yaw lang didto panas-mabini kay basin ma ambulansya ta hahaha

Momentum is king
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: